Tuesday, February 8, 2011

25-th Anniversary of Yves-Henri Prum

Up to February 8, 1986 I have consumed my intellectual energy
exclusively for professional aims- solving research problems and
so on. But on that day, while walking along the Somes river with my
autistic son, I had a kind of revelation.
The Murphy's Laws were excessively popular then and Romania
seemed to be the best field of application for them. A lot of bad things
happened here daily due to the Ceausescu's dictature, e.g. we were freezing
in our homes,food was an eternal problem, freedom was very limited.

Suddenly, I have decided that Murphy\s laws have to be invalidated.
We need an anti-Murphy (subconsciously he was an anti-Ceausecu too)
I thought: MURPHY reversed  is YHPRUM and so was born an optimistic
French thinker, YVES HENRI PRUM. This became my first pseudonym
and I started to publish short papers and essays by him and about him.
Meta-professional writings, speeches, interviews.
Prum has established his famous laws- regarding mainly but not exclusively
technology:

1. EVERYTHING IS PERFECTIBLE
2. IF SOMETHING IS NOT IMPROVED, IT DECAYS


Prum became really active and promoted optimism.
It was only one fact that seemed to contradict his first Law and this was
demoralizing for him; Hot Fusion, with no real progress despite billions
of good money invested. Very disturbing! Then three years after the birth
of Yves-Henry I heard about Cold Fusion. (March 24, 1989, one day
after the Fleischmann Pons press conference. That 's THE SOLUTION,
I KNEW it instantly- a flash of illumination hit my mind.
"You must dedicate the rest of your life to this problem," Prum told me
and so I have started a long, interesting, captivating, sad, joyful journey.
These days the journey became more interesting than ever.



1 comment:

  1. My pleasure! Who are you and what can I do for you?
    Peter

    ReplyDelete